Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why HE had to die.

Just returned home from another great meeting with my brother in Christ John Follman. In these meetings, John and I regularly discuss how BIG GOD is and (even though we try and make ourselves big) how small and frail we really are.
As I was making the 30 minute drive home (yeah it really is 30 minutes) with the radio turned off and in the quiet of my car, as always GOD began to speak to me. As I drove home, I thought about a commercial I saw on T.V. recently promoting a new program on the History Channel. The commercial informed me that the History Channel was going to try and uncover who in fact was responsible for the death of Jesus. The commercial went on to say that the History Channel would investigate those who played a major role in the crucifixion of Jesus and from that would try to reveal who in fact was responsible. Was it Judas' fault because of his love of money? Was it Pontus Pilate? Was it in fact the Pharisees who loved their own lives and refused to be born again?
I hate to burst the bubble of those at the History Channel but I must say that the person who was most responsible for the death of Jesus was none of those people. The person most responsible for the death of Jesus, was in fact....... Jesus. Isaiah 53:7 says, "He was oppressed and afflicted, yet HE did not open HIS mouth; He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so HE did not open HIS mouth."
So I say to those of you at the History Channel know this: GOD knew that we would eventually make a wreck of our lives, so he sent his own son Jesus to die willingly as a sin offering for us. Jesus died willingly to bridge the gap between us and GOD. This was predestined before the world began. So as I write this post I am constantly meditating on I Peter 2:22-24 which says, "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth. When they hurled their insults at HIM he did not retaliate; when HE suffered, he made no threats. Instead He entrusted HIMSELF to HIM who judge justly. HE HIMSELF bore our sins in HIS body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by HIS wounds we have been healed."
So, my question to you now is this; Do you know HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment